29 December 2011

china

for a few weeks in this past may/june, i was EXTREMELY fortunate & travelled to china with several other students from school. for someone like me who had never even been on a plane before, it was quite an experience. it left me hungry for more traveling opportunities, & i am extremely anxious to go back to china.

we visited a few art universities in china & i was so impressed. the caliber of their work & even just their work ethic was both inspiring & embarrassing because it made me realize how much harder i should be working. i think that's where i need to be. my mom has this idea engrained in her head that i should go to graduate school in china, & i have to admit daydreaming about it as well. being there put everything in perspective for me.

ideally, i'd like to be able to go to a university in korea since i've been learning korean for nearly two years & it's my minor, buuuut i'm taking chinese next semester just in case. not that any of this is even realistic, hahah. i realize that. i'd really like it to be a reality, though. i've secretly been saving up my money & (slowly) building up my portfolio. the work that i've been doing REALLY needs to be kicked up about 1000 notches if i have any hope of being accepted.
first day in beijing! i learned i didn't travel well. i was extremely sick & stranded on that tiny boat..

i look a little jetlagged... haha. second day in beijing. i loooooved CAFA. my dream school!

798 gallery district in beijing. i'd KILL to go back there.
i can say i've actually been on the great wall of china. how cool?


hanging monasteries! not-so-fun fact: i got food poisoning shortly after leaving this place. great.


i'm grateful for having been able to visit the chinese countryside. not many foreigners leave cities like beijing.
the beautiful historical city of pingyao
local student sculpting
my absolute favorite photo taken in china

my professor slipped the guy 10 yuan so everyone could take photos of me on the donkey. thanks, professor cong!

2 comments:

katt said...

kali

youre so pretty and i love you D: lets go to asia and live there forever and buy all the clothes and TOP stuff and bubble tea that we can fathom.

love,

katt

Kali said...

heheheh thanks girlie, i love you too :3 YES. CAN WE PLEASE DO THIS? OKAY? okay.